We would like to tell you about how we collect and use data…
There are several ways to become part of the Sherpa Adventure Gear family, here are the ways that we can collect data from you:
- Our Website
- Online Purchases
- Events and Shows
What inspires you?
Collecting data enables us to make our product and brand experience relevant to you. Dependent on where we meet you or how you come across us, we can collect different kinds of data…
If you visit our website:
With your express consent, if you sign up to our newsletter, sign up to our postal mailouts, enter a competition or sign up at an event, we collect:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Address (if provided)
If you make a purchase, we collect:
- Payment details
- First Name
- Last Name
- Delivery Address
- Billing Address
Your safety and security are fundamental to us
We use the following software to keep your data secure:
- Venditan Commerce
Comodo - a cyber security software that secures our checkout and payment process
PayPal - an alternative secure and convenient payment gateway
These are the only environments in which we store payment details and billing information. To keep you secure and prevent you getting any unwanted marketing, we only provide access to customer data to designated employees within Sherpa Adventure Gear. Where necessary, customer data is communicated securely through encrypted channels. In the rare event of a data breach, we follow strict procedures to make you aware of any compromises to the data we hold about you.
Warm wishes from us
When you sign up to our email marketing, postal marketing, or both – we will use the information you have provided to send you relevant information about our products and brand.
Any postal mailouts are either sent directly from us or from our chosen mailing house - all details are transferred securely through SFTP file transfers, which are a clever way of sending data through secure systems instead of on email.
If you'd like to unsubscribe for our mailing list, you can do so at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in any of our emails. You will continue to receive emails relating to orders that you have placed. You can also call us on 01572 772474.
1. Sherpa Adventure Gear is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. We have established procedures to adhere to the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 2018.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
2. When you order, we need to know your address, email and payment details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
3. We use your personal information for fulifilling your order. We will only contact you as a specific part of the order process or for marketing purposes for Sherpa Adventure Gear seasonal marketing and e-newsletters. You can unsubscribe from this at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When you sign up to the Sherpa Adventure Gear email newsletter, you also automatically become a subscriber to our Sherpa Adventure Gear postal marketing materials which are sent infrequently throughout the year. If you would like to unsubscribe at any time, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01572 772474.
5. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
6. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
8. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 01572 772474.