The small village of Thame is home to many famous Sherpa mountaineers, including Apa Sherpa and Tenzing Norgay. The Thame monastery is one of the oldest in the Khumbu.
The idea that two is better than one certainly applies in the case of the Thame Jacket. We call it a hybrid because it mixes up two different materials that together, accomplish more than either could alone. At the shoulders, upper arms and back, 2.5-layer stretch panels flex and give as you move. Everywhere else, a 2.5-layer stable fabric is used. The result is a minimalist and light jacket that is waterproof, breathable, windproof, and stretchy. A great thing to have when you encounter a downpour and you're far from home.
• Sherpa's Sukatec® 2.5-layer laminates (regular and stretch) are both windproof/waterproof/breathable and have a 10,000mm/10,000g rating
• Two handwarmer pockets and a Napoleon chest pocket (with headphone cord port) hold essentials
• Pit zips and hem adjustments allow customized ventilation
• Two-way, waterproof, centre-front zipper tops out in a little pocket that eliminates chin chafe
• Hood adjusts easily in front and back
• Cuffs have adjustable tab/Velcro® closures
Main fabric: 100% ripstop nylon
Stretch panels: 100% stretch nylon taffeta
Weight: 345g (12.1oz)
We offer FREE UK delivery on all orders over £50, otherwise the below delivery charges apply.
UK Standard Delivery - £3.95 – usually delivered within 1-3 working days
UK Next Day Delivery - £5.95 – order by 12pm (Mon-Thurs) for delivery the next working day
European Delivery - £6.95 – usually delivered within 7-10 working days
International Delivery - £12.95
Christmas Delivery & Returns
For guaranteed delivery before Christmas Day, please order before 5pm on Monday 19th December.
The deadline for Christmas returns is Friday 27th January provided that items are returned ‘as sold’, unworn and with all tags still attached.
Please note that all deliveries require a signature.
Our opening hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Orders placed over the weekend will be processed on the next working day. We cannot guarantee that orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Saturday.