The small village of Thame is home to many famous Sherpa mountaineers, including Apa Sherpa and Tenzing Norgay. The Thame monastery is one of the oldest in the Khumbu.
The idea that two is better than one certainly applies in the case of the Thame Jacket. We call it a hybrid because it mixes up two different materials that together, accomplish more than either could alone. At the shoulders, upper arms and back, 2.5-layer stretch panels flex and give as you move. Everywhere else, a 2.5-layer stable fabric is used. The result is a minimalist and light jacket that is waterproof, breathable, windproof, and stretchy. A great thing to have when you encounter a downpour and you're far from home.
• Sherpa's Sukatec® 2.5-layer laminates (regular and stretch) are both windproof/waterproof/breathable and have a 10,000mm/10,000g rating
• Two handwarmer pockets and a Napoleon chest pocket (with headphone cord port) hold essentials
• Pit zips and hem adjustments allow customized ventilation
• Two-way, waterproof, centre-front zipper tops out in a little pocket that eliminates chin chafe
• Hood adjusts easily in front and back
• Cuffs have adjustable tab/Velcro® closures
Main fabric: 100% ripstop nylon
Stretch panels: 100% stretch nylon taffeta
Weight: 345g (12.1oz)
We offer FREE UK delivery on all orders over £50, otherwise the below delivery charges apply.
UK Standard Delivery - £3.95 – usually delivered within 1-3 working days
UK Next Day Delivery - £5.95 – order by 12pm (Mon-Thurs) for delivery the next working day
European Delivery - £6.95 – usually delivered within 7-10 working days
International Delivery - £12.95
Easter Bank Holiday - Orders placed after midday on Thursday 13th April will not be processed until Tuesday 18th April. Our lines will be closed from 5:30pm Thursday 13th April until 9:00am Tuesday 18th April. Next Day Delivery's will be processed up until Wednesday 12th April, after this time we cannot guarantee delivery until after the bank holidays.
Please note that all deliveries require a signature.
Our opening hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Orders placed over the weekend will be processed on the next working day. We cannot guarantee that orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Saturday.